Sharon's Peace Pilgrimage

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Day One

Hi all,

This is my first blogging attempt. Eeeeek and egad, as my friend Nancy would say. So okay, Day One. In the two hours it took me to drive from Ashland, OR to Redding, CA I experienced sun, rain, sleet, hail, snow and the biggest, boldest rainbow I've ever seen. Had to barrel through Mount Shasta, home of my very soul, because the weather was closing in and I could have gotten snow-stuck for days and days. Found a motel in Redding that was having computerized heating problems (I didn't know it before I checked in). In other words, it was FREEZING. The Computerized Heating People made four trips to my room with gidgets and gadgets that didn't work. The temperature in the room remained at 58 degrees. Finally they converted the high-tech system to manual and I now have heat. Which ought to tell us something about something, but who knows what.
THEN, I went to dinner. Cattlemen's Restaurant -- an odd choice for a vegetarian. And between the salad and the grilled chicken breast, a woman two booths down choked on something and the waitress performed the Heimlich (spelling?) maneuver and dislodged whatever it was. Seems the waitress was a trained EMT. AS WERE THE THREE PATRONS SITTING IN THE NEXT BOOTH. I mean, like really now! It was amazing!!! I was sending healing touch from my booth, but clearly the woman was in good hands.
So much for day one! Tomorrow on to Cloverdale. Love to you all.