Sharon's Peace Pilgrimage

Thursday, March 23, 2006

Stefana's Masterpiece

Remember Stefana, the gorgeous Greek tambourine-playing music director at the Unity Church in Santa Barbara? Well she was inspired to write a song for/about the Grandmother story and is doing a studio recording of it this week. She says it's her Masterpiece and it will be waiting for me when I get home to Ashland on April 1st. In the background are the voices of individual women saying "I'm saving the world" in their native languages. So far, according to Linda, the minister at Unity, Stefana has recorded women speaking French, Italian, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, East Indian, Pakistani, Hebrew and Russian. She is tracking down a Native American language, Arabic and someone with a British accent to round out the mix. Can you imagine how great that's going to be?!!! Of course my mind immediately jumped to a music video!

I'm heading into the busiest week on the tour. A new town every day for the next eight days -- but happily they're all pretty close together: Oakland, Loomis, Sacramento, Grass Valley, Santa Rosa, Ukiah, (I'm forgetting something), and then home. I'm reading at the Book Seller on Mill Street in Grass Valley at 2 o'clock next Sunday, March 26, for any of you who in the area.